Full Time Lifeguard- with training opportunities
We have an opportunity for a Full time Lifeguard at Belper Leisure Centre. The successful applicant will contribute towards the effective operation of the leisure team, delivering a first-class service to our customers, creating a friendly, safe environment.
A National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) would be desirable; however, we would be happy to support the right candidate through that qualification. You would need to be a competent swimmer and have the ability to adhere to health and safety responsibilities.
There may also be opportunities to gain qualifications as a swimming teacher or other relevant qualifications to work in other areas of the leisure industry.
The responsibilities of the job include:-
• Life-guarding duties, supervising customers using the swimming pool and carrying out pool checks.
• You will always act in accordance with the health & safety requirements of the Leisure Centre, prioritising the safety of the customers at all times, whilst they are using our facilities.
• Setting up and taking down activity equipment in accordance with bookings.
• You will also be required to ensure all areas are kept clean and tidy, being vigilant and carrying out duties as and when required.
• Customer interaction and delivering an excellent service in a professional manner is essential.
Further information will be provided on application
• On-site parking
• Subsidised gym membership
• Contributory Company pension scheme
• Company sick pay (after 12 months employment)
• Staff discount
The Post is subject to an Enhanced Check endorsed by the Disclosure & Barring Service. The check is being made under Section 7(1) of the Protection of Children Act 1999.
Please contact email@example.com for an application pack/more information.